Monday 17 February 2014

I love to go a wanderin'

A couple of weeks ago I had an appointment on the Quayside in Newcastle.  It was a beautiful cold crisp day but the sun was shining so I decided to have a meander around Newcastle and worked my way down Grey Street snapping away with my camera phone as I went....

 The Grade 1 Theatre Royal
 

 Victorian Grade 11 listed - now Portofino's Restaurant
 
 amazing architectural details
 

 even the drainpipes are beautiful...
 
Dean Street
 


 
 
 a jumble of images. I kept turning around and taking pictures behind me!
 
 funny how the details pass you by until you look really closely
 

giant meccano

the iconic Tyne Bridge
 
Millenium Bridge in the distance and The Sage, Gateshead glistening in the sunshine
 
I walked back the way I came and just thought to myself how many incredible buildings there are in Newcastle City Centre, lots of inspiration to be had for a creative soul.
 
I have been very busy of late and have neglected my blogging but I am going to try really hard to post more frequently.  Until next time wondering what inspires you..... Jayne

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic architecture. I'm surprised to see the sunshine, the world news says you've been plagued by constant rain and terrible flooding.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Jayne, Thank you for the tour. I adore British architecture and love all those wonderful details.
    Have a great day!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, for a start, I find Newcastle inspiring! I've only visited twice & I loved it each time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jayne
    Your comment has bought me over to visit you here! Oh that architecture in and around Liverpool is utterly stunning. You are so lucky to visit these places as we see nothing like this here.
    Hope your muse is keeping you busy and enjoying your creating.
    Take care,
    Hugs,
    Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back to blog land.There must have been such wealth in some of these cities. I find it exciting just to wander around London looking at the people and the buildings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really do appreciate them.