Sunday 10 November 2013

Christmas is coming......

Autumn brings such gorgeous days to go walking on the beach, we are so lucky to live five minutes away from the stunning Tynemouth long sands.

St. George's Church steeple in the distance
 
Things have been really busy in the Hewison household the last few weeks so I must apologise once again for neglecting my blog.  Preparations are in full swing for the Kirkley Hall Christmas Fair next Saturday and Sunday.  Gill P and I will be sharing a stand so it is always lovely to have company.  We have both been busy developing new work, some things work out and some things don't.  The kilt pins I have been making seem to be very popular so I have bought some lovely old swan bill pins to make teeny tiny ones..
 
Betty modelling her French vintage dyed nightgown and duck egg kilt pin
 
 
My little collection of vintage labels have been utilised to create another couple of pins...  I know I have more but having searched the house from top to bottom they are still missing.  I am sure when I least expect it they will turn up!
 
vintage labels and buttons
 
the finished article...
 
I was very lucky last Sunday at the flea market, a lovely elderly gent was selling some beautiful linen and crochet doileys.  I couldn't make my mind up which to buy as they were all gorgeous so he let me have all 37 for a really good price, well, it would have been rude not to buy them!
 
 



 
The red and green dye pots have been in full swing dyeing manila tags.  A mini production line has been assembled on our kitchen table...
 
rich ruby red
 
Crowns, Snowflakes and Merry Christmas
 
So, all in all, I am quite organised (oh no now I have said it, I am sure something will go drastically wrong!) so it just leaves me to sort out what I am going to take, how I am going to display my work and lots of packaging (hopefully I will need it!!!).  Until next time..... Jayne.  I would love to hear what you have all been up to in my absence.




16 comments:

  1. Beautiful things & a beautiful beach. An acquaintance has told us about a wonderful B&B a bit further North at Seahouses where you wake in the morning to a view of Bamburgh Castle - we must explore further North!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you must nilly, Bamburgh has a beautiful beach. Alnmouth is not that far away and that too has an amazing stretch of beach and great dunes to run down - we did that many times when Emily was a child - not sure my knees would stand the strain now though! You must tell if you venture north x

      Delete
  2. ooo i adore this! Those brooches make me swoon! just spent all week sewing doilies myself they are my heart at the moment and also got a whole series of work on the go with labels...have i found a sewing sister? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure have Janey - even the name is the same! I am obsessed with lace, doilies and time worn linens. x

      Delete
  3. Your brooches are so adorable dear Jayne, and with the old labels ,so special, I`m sure you will sell them all,
    You have a beautiful nature around you, just like we have here, even it is so cold and unpleasent now!
    Hugs- Dorthe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments as always Dorthe x

      Delete
  4. I love all of the pretty things you have been getting on with xx.. I have just treated myself to some of your lovely doily tags... super treat for me thank you, its lovely to have some little hand made treasures xx
    Hugs Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your kilt pins, dear Jayne. They are so beautiful and you really lucked out at the flea. Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Jayne, I am so thrilled with my lovely items, the colours are just perfect, and thank you so much for the tags xxxx
    Totally beautiful.
    Hugs Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. loving your work Jayne it looks fab well done!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope the craft fair was successful,sounds like you had plenty of fun preparing for it. Nice to have someone to work with. I have given up on fairs,fun while it lasted,but no regrets. I gave away all my remaining stock,and hope it helped a good cause.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jayne I just love your broches and what a score with that stack of doilies. You are one lucky girl - I'm glad you didn't pass up that offer. Those broches certainly look unique with the old labels printed on them.
    x Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jayne,
    So please to meet you ~ I am a new follower. :)
    Lin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lin, nice to meet you too! x

      Delete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really do appreciate them.