Saturday 4 August 2012

Birthday girl - spoiled rotten.... part I

I have just returned from an overnight stay at Longhirst Hall, Morpeth, Northumberland.  It was a lovely birthday treat, oooh I do love my birthday.  On my actual birthday I had a great day, lots of family and friends visited and I received some gorgeous presents and some very, very cheeky cards!!


I do love Klimt


lots of humour and cupcakes


terrible photo - hope you can read it!


Gill W handmade card and my favourite himalayan poppies!


I am very fortunate that all of my friends and family know me so well and always buy me the most gorgeous gifts.  Handmade gifts especially made for you are always a delight.  Gill W made the most fantastic huge letter J, and even hung it in place for me (she knows I wouldn't have done it properly!)

cream distressed finish perfect on a duck egg blue background


another gift from Gill W


gorgeous texture in felt


A beautiful handmade nuno-felted scarf in my favourite colour combination of pale grey and ashes of roses embellished with tiny fragments of patterned silk was unwrapped from Gill P, lots of little treasures as well......

tiny heart with dried lavender nestles on top of the scarf


and there was more, yes I hear you say, a gorgeous Lindsey Tyson felt brooch (purchased at Woolfest me thinks) in a calico hand printed bag.....

beautiful styling

hand printed felt, just perfect

Sometimes the smallest gift means the most, a tiny lilac ceramic heart with the words 'thank you' from a friend (you know who you are!) brought a lump to my throat and a tear to my eye.

To be continued with details of a visit to Morpeth and Alnwick...  Hope the sun is shining where you are.  Jayne x






11 comments:

  1. Goodness me - I'm sure that card is meant for a much older lady than you! Glad you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only that were true Nilly!!! Thanks for your comments. jayne x

      Delete
  2. Happy Happy Birthday Jayne! Yes gorgeous cheeky cards indeed! Love them!
    I too am a fan of Klimpt!
    And you were spoilt with some very gorgeous gifts such as that very beautiful hand dyed and hand felted scarf!

    Enjoy this special time!
    x Suzy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzy, I am a very lucky girl!!! x

      Delete
  3. heehee...I sent my sis the "fandango card"...so funny!What a very lucky lady you are...surrounded by love and beautiful gifts on your birthday:)
    Enjoyed seeing the photos of Harrogate too..such a talented bunch x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated "Happy Birthday" Jayne. You are a lucky girl to have good friends with such impecable taste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so glad you had a lovely day Jayne, you are a kind and supportive friend to many lucky people and deserve to be spoiled....so there!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you girls for all your comments, I am indeed a very lucky girl!!!!!!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Belated Happy Birthday Jayne - I'm glad you've had a lovely day and had such lovely thoughtful presents. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You deserved to be spoiled rotten Jayne, you fabuloso friend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated good wishes for your birthday. Sound like a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments, I really do appreciate them.